Take your push ups to the next level with the close grip push-up exercise on StrongBoard Balance Board!
- Starting in full plank position, abs are engaged, hands are directly below your shoulders,
- head is in proper alignment with the spine. Position hands palms down on StrongBoard Balance shoulder width apart with elbows tucked in. When you are in the lower position of the push up your elbows should rub your rib cage. This will keep your bodyweight isolated in the triceps muscles.
- Lower your torso to the platform until your arms form an “L shape. Your chest will be
- approximately 6” from the platform.
- Raise yourself back into plank position by attempting to push the board away from you.
Tips: Inhale on the way down, exhale as you push up. Squeeze your triceps at the top. Keep your abs engaged at all times by pulling your belly button in towards your spine. You can also place your feet on StrongBoard Balance, hands on the floor, to place more resistance in the triceps.