Balloon Taps will test your balance and coordination with- and will work your brain, neuromuscular system, core and legs. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This method will enhance neuroplasticity and cognitive functioning. This exercise will increase hand/eye coordination and is a primarily cognitive exercise but will also strengthen the legs and the entire core musculature.
Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and SBB Inventor
- Start by holding an inflated balloon as you step onto the StrongBoard Balance platform.
- Keeping your abs braced, shoulders in your back pockets, and knees slightly bent.
- Push the balloon into the air and tap it back and forth between your hands.
- Remember to keep the balloon out in front of you.
- Repeat for desired amount of repetitions or duration.
Be sure to keep your abs braced. For more of a challenge, try bending your knees more to hold a static squat. You can also increase tempo of balloon taps; this will require you to think faster (cognitively).
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.