This squat jump with modified burpee (or Plyometric Move) will help you burn fat fast! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance board. Be absolutely sure about proper form in your burpees. Keep the abs braced to avoid any hyperextension in the lower back. Although the target is primarily aerobic in this exercise, it is also great for overall core strength and shaping your upper and lower extremities.
Featuring Missy Sullivan, ACE CPT, SBB Certified Trainer and Instructor, Certified Spinning Instructor, and SimplyFitStudio Instructor
1. Start by standing behind StrongBoard Balance.
2. Squat down and thrust yourself up onto the platform.
3. As you land both feet on the platform, bend the knees slightly.
4. Come back up to standing position, use that momentum to jump back off the board, landing where you originally started.
5. The moment your feet touch the floor, bend over and grab the platform at the handles on each side and throw both legs back behind you, into full plank position.
6. Immediately jump forward, back to starting position.
7. Stand up and lift the board over your head, then bring the board back to the floor and stand up, back to starting position.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Be sure to brace your abs at all times, this will help stabilize your back. Use your leg power to thrust yourself onto the platform. If you are not familiar with burpees, you can step back into plank rather than jumping back until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough to do so. For more of a challenge, you can add more burpees in between jumps. You can also hold static squat on the board in between burpees.