1. Start by placing one hand on the platform of one board and other hand on platform of another board, side by side with the boards positioned laterally and parallel to your body.
2. Brace your abs and bring your right foot up, placing your toes on the soft medicine ball, then follow with your left foot. Be sure your shoulders are directly over your hands.
3. Raise your left foot 6-12” off of the soft medicine ball and keep it suspended as you lower your chest towards the platform.
4. With fingers spread, push from your palms and bring yourself back up to starting position for desired amount of repetitions.
5. Switch feet and repeat steps 1-4 for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: For more of a challenge, slow your tempo when performing the push up. Changing foot placement/hand, placement will also make this exercise more difficult. Once you feel you are an expert, try a hard medicine ball.
This exercise is great for the upper body muscle groups along with entire core structure because you are forcing the body to engage those deep muscles that often get ignored in isolated exercises. StrongBoard Balance forces your muscles to work harder due to the resistive nature of the springs and the instability they force on the muscles. This simple yet challenging exercise will initiate your chest (pectoralis major, pectoralis minor), shoulders (anterior deltoid), triceps (all three heads of the triceps brachii), lower back, core, and the scapula-thoracic region.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.