This full body workout is great for the core because you are on an unstable surface. Keeping a slight bend in your knees will help activate lower body muscle groups, so the deeper you choose to squat, the more challenging the exercise will be because you will recruit more muscles. You will also increase reaction time due to reactivity of the springs. As you twist your torso to each side, you will get more activation in the obliques, abs, and lower back muscles. Once you extend that weight out, you will initiate shoulder muscles, your (anterior deltoid), forearms, lower back, and entire scapula-thoracic region.
1. Step onto StrongBoard Balance, holding a weight plate in both hands, with your feet resting against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up and shoulders in your back pockets.
3. Keeping a slight bend in your knees and hold the plate close to your sternum.
4. Stabilize the hips, brace your abs, and rotate to one side using your torso. Once you have rotated to the left or right, extend the plate out.
5. Pull the plate back in, then rotate back to your starting position.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 on the opposite side.
7. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.