1. Holding a pair of dumbbells, step onto StrongBoard Balance in first position, with your feet resting against the platform handles. Keep your chest up, and abs engaged.
2. Hold each dumbbell in front of you in hammer position, and drop down into a seated position.
3. As you come back to standing position, keep your abs engaged and curl the dumbbells as you rotate the weights from hammer to open position.
4. Eternally rotate the dumbbells out and up into a shoulder Press.
5. As you return to squat position, bring dumbbells back down to hammer position and repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Beginners may want to try this with imaginary dumbbells to start. For more of a challenge, use heavier dumbbells. Changing squat tempo will also make this exercise more difficult.
StrongBoard Balance Board Meets King Kong in This Dynamic Full Body 60 Second Workout; Where Functional Training and Weight Training Intersect. This exercise is great for the entire kinetic chain because you are moving through almost every muscle in one fluid motion. Keeping a slight bend in your legs will help activate more of the lower body muscle groups. The deeper you choose to squat on the balance board, the more challenging the exercise will be. Once you extend the weight up, you will initiate biceps and shoulder muscles (anterior deltoid), forearms, lower back, and entire scapula-thoracic region. Enjoy this 60 second workout at home or at the gym!