Sidewinders is a great core workout that will also help tone arms and shoulders! Doing this exercise on StrongBoard Balance Board will also improve balance and proprioception! Try it today & let us know how you did.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance with feet straight, shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent.
2. Keep chest up and abs engaged.
3. Hold battle rope with each hand.
4. Keeping wrists loose, begin to pull both hands out to the sides and then back in.
5. With this move, create a series of lateral waves in the rope.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: This is an aerobic workout so be sure to focus on your breathing throughout the entire session. Keep the rope loose enough to allow you to create the waves. To activate your glutes more, add squats to this workout, or try it on one foot. These progressions will create more muscle engagement, making the exercise more challenging.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.