1. Begin by holding StrongBoard by the handles with both hands out in front of your chest so its platform is facing your body.
2. Simultaneously squat / bend and place StrongBoard on the ground.
3. As StrongBoard touches the ground, transfer your hands from the handles to the platform and jump both legs back, forming a plank position.
4. Do a push-up and then jump your legs back up towards the board.
5. Transfer your hands back to the platform handles, and pick up StrongBoard as you return to a standing position. (Jumping is optional.)
6. As you come to an upright position, bring the board back out so the platform is facing your chest.
7. From this position, step into a forward lunge with your right foot.
8. Holding a static lunge position and keeping your hips stabilized, rotate from your torso, keeping StrongBoard level but bringing it across your right knee.
9. Return to center and step back to standing position.
10. Immediately step into a forward lunge with your left foot.
11. Holding a static lunge position and keeping your hips stabilized, rotate from your torso, keeping StrongBoard level but bringing it across your left knee.
12. Come back to center and repeat steps 1-11 for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Be sure to brace the abs at all times, especially during the rotations. This will help stabilize the lower back while holding the board. Use your legs to lower yourself into a squat position when entering into the sequence of throwing your legs back in to plank position. If you are not familiar with burps, you can step back into plank rather than jumping back until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough to do so.
This exercise is an advanced exercise. Although, the target is primarily aerobic in this exercise, it is also great for overall core strength and shaping your lower extremities. This exercise utilizes Positions Three and Six.