Whip yourself into shape with this explosive battle rope workout, it’s a great muscle toning and cardio intensive workout. You will work the upper body, but also the muscles in your back, abs, and your glutes! Incorporate StrongBoard Balance Board for additional challenge, and even more benefits, such as a stronger core and better balance! Check out Andy Krkeyan.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance with feet straight, shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent.
2. Keep chest up and abs engaged.
3. Hold battle rope with each hand.
4. Keeping wrists loose, begin to pull one hand into the air as the other is pulled down.
5. With this move, create a series of waves in the rope.
Tips: This is more of an aerobic exercise so be sure to focus on your breathing throughout the entire session. Keep the rope loose enough to allow you to create the waves. Adding some squats to this exercise is optional and highly recommended for the more advanced user. This will create more muscle engagement, making the exercise more challenging.