Add balance training to your tennis regimen for a stronger game! The Tennis Drill exercise is an intermediate exercise and can be performed with single leg prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the shoulders and core but will also work the lower extremities.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, shoulder width stance.
2. Keep a slight bend in your knees and brace your abs.
3. Holding a tennis racket in one hand and (using a ball machine or a trainer), hit the tennis balls that come to you.
4. When hitting balls, try to practice 8 different tennis shots (forehand, backhand, etc.) while maintaining as much stability as you can.
5. Repeat exercise as necessary.
Tips: Keep an upright position throughout the serves. For more of a challenge, you can add a squat in between each serve. You can also have tennis balls thrown faster.