Looking to strengthen shoulders and obliques, while also working balance and core? Try this great exercise on StrongBoard Balance Board!
1. Holding an ActivMotion™ bar in both hands, step on StrongBoard Balance® with your feet wide, resting against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, and abs engaged.
3. Squat into a half seated position while simultaneously “rowing” the ActivMotion™ bar as you rotate your mid-section to one side (be sure you tilt the bar so that the internal rolling steel weights roll to the side you are turning to.)
4. Stand up out of the half squat, bringing the bar back up to parallel position before repeating the movement on the opposite side.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: This exercise is designed to be used with an ActivMotion™ bar because of the core relation. This bar gives StrongBoard Balance® an additional challenge. It CAN also be performed with a versa bar but will not have the same effect. Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on the platform. Be sure to exhale on the way up. Keep glutes and abs fully engaged as you hold the ActivMotion™ bar out in front of you. For more of a challenge, you can drop into a full squat during rotation. You can also use a heavier ActivMotion™ bar.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.